Cockroaches are a problem no one wants to have. Measuring less than an inch at full size, these small creatures are a lot more dangerous to human health than you know. Cockroaches are disease-carrying insects that infiltrate homes all over Modesto. Appearing in colors of black, brown, and rust-red, roaches feed on garbage and rotting food in order to keep their large families alive.
If you want to keep them out of your home for good, prevention will be a key step. In this blog, we’ll take a look at five simple steps you can take to help you keep your Modesto home cockroach-free.
Eliminating Modesto Cockroach Infestations With Five Easy Tricks
Cockroaches may not be the brightest of household pests, but they certainly are among the hardest to get rid of. With impenetrable exoskeletons, rapid gestation periods, and a penchant for filth, the only good cockroach is a very dead cockroach. Start by blocking bugs out of your house with the following five prevention steps:
1. Declutter the space inside your home, paying special attention to boxes on the floor, litter in the carpets, and large objects laying across the floor. These items should be stored off the floor and in cabinets, on shelves, or in other designated areas.
2. Address moisture issues forming in the house by running a dehumidifier in problem spaces. These often include bathrooms, kitchens, and basements. Desiccant bags may be applied in smaller rooms for additional protection, especially closets and pantries.
3. Store trash in a dedicated bin lined with plastic bags for easy removal. Remove garbage from the home at least once a week, and more often if it is particularly odorous or rotten.
4. Keep all food sealed and put away in designated areas. Do not allow dirty dishes to pile up and attract roach colonies with the crumbs that remain behind.
5. Seal up any cracks, gaps, and tears in items around the house. Crevices in the foundations, rips in screen doors, and ill-fitting windows should be addressed or repaired immediately.
The only cure for household cockroach habitation is preventing them from gaining access in the first place. However, what will you do when a cockroach species decides to move in, regardless of your pest defenses? Have your home inspected for cockroach activity and more with an inspection service from insect IQ now!
Don’t Wait For A Cue, Get Insect IQ!
Although the above five prevention steps are helpful tips for Modesto homeowners facing a roach infestation, they are not the only steps that can be taken. In fact, this last and perhaps most important tip is fundamental to maintaining a safe and healthy home. The most fundamental cockroach prevention tip lies with maintaining a scheduled pest control plan through a professional local provider.
If you have been noticing or are concerned you may notice cockroach activity in your home in the near future, don’t hesitate to get in contact with the helpful professionals at Insect IQ right away. Going above and beyond normal pest control measures, Insect IQ provides the best of the best in residential cockroach control.
Modesto homes are treated with a three-step process of inspection, treatment, and elimination, with protection blueprints that maximize efficiency without sacrificing safety. Insect IQ cares about you and any pests you may be facing, and is prepared to assist you by any means necessary.
Get the residential cockroach prevention plan you deserve by reaching out to the Insect IQ team today. Service agents are on call and available to answer your questions through a call, text message, contact form, or in-person visit during a home inspection. There’s never any need to stress about cockroaches when regular pest control is maintained on your property. Get the protection you need with Insect IQ today!