How to Prevent Ants from Invading Your Modesto Yard This Spring
It’s hard enough as it is to set up and host an outdoor gathering without having to deal with ants
that want to join the party. Really, it’s difficult to do anything outdoors involving food or drink when ants are scavenging about. This is why early prevention, and understanding what draws ants to your property, is vitally important.
Consider the following information and tips to aid in keeping ants from invading your Modesto yard this summer.
Why Ants Will Be Active All Over CA Soon
By nature, ants are cold-blooded insects that depend upon their environment to regulate their body temperature. Common ants here in the Modesto area like the weather to be a comfortable 75-95 degrees. In fact the warmer it is outside the better. This means as summer comes into full swing, ants will be reaching peak productivity and will be invading yards in search of provisions more than ever.
Ant Prevention Steps For Homeowners
When ants invade your yard or home they do not do so without a reason. Most commonly their reason for invasion is fueled by their need to feed their colony. To do this, worker ants will scout your yard and home (if they can get inside) for edible items to carry back to their colony.
The best way to avoid problems with ants is to prevent ants from getting what they are looking for. This can be done in a few ways.
- Clean up messes immediately. Spills and crumbs are quick to attract scavenging ants.
- Store food out of the reach of ants and within airtight containers or inside refrigerators.
- Pick up pet food quickly after feeding time and make sure their water bowls remain clean.
- Check your home’s exterior foundation for any gaps or cracks which ants could use to invade. Seal these areas using high-quality caulk or sealant.
- Make sure all of your window screens are in good repair without any holes or tears.
- Replace any broken weather stripping.
When To Call A Professional
Detering ants from your home
can seem like a tremendous task, but not when you have Insect IQ on your side! If you are looking for a way to keep ants out of your yard and away from your gatherings this summer, you can trust the professionals here at Insect IQ to get the job done right. There has never been a better time to invest in early pest prevention, so give us a call today!